Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Scalding Showers...Frigid Pools

Well as some of you may know, I have yet to get in the pool this season. I can't stand cold water! Matthew is always joking with me about my scalding showers, but I likes what I likes! So each day the kids go out and check the thermometer in the pool to see if it's warm enough for me to get in. To date, the warmest it has gotten is 74 degrees. 74 degrees people...a small pool like ours should not take your breath away in the dead of summer! So when Abbey went out to check the temperature today, you would have thought it was Christmas morning. The squeals of excitement that rang through the entire house over the fact that the pool was "finally warm enough for Mom to get in!" My first thought was "Abbey did you forget how to read a thermometer". So I told her to bring it to me and when I read it I burst out laughing...she was right it was finally warmer than 74 degrees! The thermometer read 130 degrees! Hmmm...I think it might be broken, considering the fact that Abbey stuck her hand in the water to pull it out and didn't get 2nd degree burns! Well so much for the clearance thermometers at the pool store, we might have to invest more than $3.99! Unfortunately, a pool heater expense is at the bottom of the financial priority list at this time! Maybe next year. Hope you enjoy the random videos of the kids. Make sure you pay attention to Brady when he is NOT the one performing. I have a feeling he might be the class clown in kindergarten this fall!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Brady is so funny! I take it they did actually get into the pool at some point. :)

I agree with you on the hot showers and cold pools thing. I think Katie Sue's pool is the perfect temp.

Kelly Spezzano said...

A class clown after my own heart! And that Abbey girl, man I have never met a child so anxious to be "pushed" into a pool! I love how she bent down at one point and instructed Brady to push her in (or at least I assume that's what she told him)

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

Of course she was telling Brady to push her in! This was about the fifth time he had done it when I finally got the camera out!