Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Home Again Home Again




Well, we're back from the beach and we had a wonderful time down in beautiful Marco Island. I would have to say it is my new favorite beach. This is our third summer in a row going down there and I just feel so pampered whenever we go. We had a great time visiting with Matthew's parents and now we are in the retrain mode...my kids act like they don't know how to function being at home without anyone here to entertain them.
I've got to come up with a solution to the "I'm bored" statement. I'm sorry the huge 700 sf playroom upstairs full of toys plus the two bedrooms with closets that won't close because of the overflowing toyboxes aren't enough entertainment for two youngun's that you need me to entertain them while I'm trying to wash the bajillion clothes and towels that have started to reak from the laundry hampers. I'm sorry that the stack of books if piled one on top of the other would be taller than a two story house aren't enough entertainment for a 7 and 5 year old that they need to ask me every 5 minutes if they can watch yet another mind numbing tv program.And when do you suppose they ask if they can go swimming in the pool or play on the playground? Right...when the blackest darkest clouds with bolts of lightning so close, I'm ready to hide in a no window room roll in for our daily afternoon shower. I know the solution...put them to work...but really how much house cleaning can you get out of a 5 year old?

3 comments:

Kelly Spezzano said...

Perhaps a good spanking could occupy their boredom! Hee Hee! Just kidding. I love the black and white photos of the kiddos! They turned out good... and you said you weren't a good photographer.

Dani said...

Mother use to lock the four of us out of the house. We had to entertain ourselves outside or with kids from around the block.

And obviously, you can get a 5 yr old to scrub your tubs. That's gotta count for something.

Brittany said...

What beautiful BEACH BABES!