Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Recipe for a great weekend!

As I mentioned earlier in the week, we have our annual meeting this weekend...well technically it's our semi-annual communion meeting. And although I usually find myself struggling over what to cook for the potluck meals, I really enjoy my cooking day! I try to do all my cooking on one day so that my weekend can be focused on the meeting and the sermons we've heard and also for fellowship (whether at our house or someone elses). I love to put in my chuch CD's and listen to the beautiful hyms while cooking. Me and the kids sing out loud as we cook and clean (my dishwasher gets a good workout on these days). It really helps shape our spirit for the weekend and it gets us all excited for the upcoming services. We are blessed to have Bro. Tim McCool and his 2 daughters and son staying with us. If you have never had the blessing of keeping a minister before, I highly recommend it. Annual meetings are hard work for everyone but the rewards far exceed the amount of exhaustion. As we prepare to enter into this time of fellowship and, Lord willing, revival, I pray for good health, listening ears and a cheerful heart. I know I have never been disappointed at the end of a meeting and I pray I never will be. May the Lord bless you all and keep you safe and we look forward to seeing all of you on Friday evening. God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We so much wish we could be there to share your good times and help with the chores. Be sure to take some pictures for those of us who won't be there.
You all can rest NEXT week.
Love, Nanna and Grandpa