Friday, September 24, 2010

Buying the vote

Abbey had her SGA speech last week and found out she had been selected to go to the next round.  This next round involves giving her speech to 3 administrative personnel at the school.  On Tuesday she apparently found out what these three ladies like from Starbucks and asked me if she could bring coffee to them on Friday (today, the day of her speech)!  Not only had she gotten the teachers orders in advance, but she figured out that if we left early enough we could go a different way to school which just so happens to run past the Starbucks.  I said "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" and she said, "But Mom, several kids are bringing the teachers something."  I said "Well you can talk to your Daddy, but I don't think that's a very good idea."  So no sooner had Matthew stepped a toe in the door that evening, she was asking if he would take her on Friday to Starbucks.  He thought it was a fabulous idea and said sure!  So this morning, Matthew and Abbey left bright and early to purchase their bribes steamin' hot javas.  Matthew said when they got to school this morning and Abbey delivered the coffees, the ladies were so surprised and "jokingly" told her she had their vote!  When I got to school this morning with Brady, the ladies told me what a great idea that was and they loved it!  So apparently the cost of SGA campaigns runs around $15 in coffee!  In my eyes I thought it was ridiculous to encourage this, but in Matthew's eyes (as a business owner) he said "Hey when I'm courting new clients, I will bring 'goodies' to their office for meetings.  This tells them I'm willing to go the extra mile to make them happy!"  Watch out Obama, Abbey might be more of a smooth talker than you!

3 comments:

Tara said...

That is hilarious! She had it all figured it! How did the speech go?

Kelly Spezzano said...

Well, Well, Well... what's next? Is she going to take trips to disney and turn in the expenses to the Student Government? ROFL

Anonymous said...

Well, we all knew she has your good looks and Matthew's sly ... uh I mean ... smooth ways!

143