This recipe is from publix.com/aprons. This meal is really tasty and really easy to do and most importantly...the kids love it!
Chicken Primavera with Parmesan Pasta
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbs EVOO, divided
2 Tbs fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped (I used dried parsley)
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning, divided
1/2 c dry white wine
2 medium yellow squash
1 medium zucchini
1 c fresh green beans
2 fresh garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 c matchstick carrots
1 c pre-diced onions (I just bought and onion and cut it myself)
1 (14.5-oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained (I used the publix brand)
1. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place 1 Tbs EVOO in pan, then add chicken; cook 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. While chicken cooks, chop parsley.
2. Add parsley, 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, and wine to chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover; simmer 6-8 minutes or until 165 degrees F.
3. Cut squash and zucchini in half lengthwise; then cut into 1/4" thick slices. Trim ends of beans; cut into 2" long lengths. Chop garlic.
4. Remove chicken from pan. Add 1 Tbs EVOO, 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients (except tomatoes); cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
5. Stir in tomatoes; cook 4-5 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
12 oz penne pasta
2 Tbs shredded Parmesan cheese
1 Tbs herb garlic butter ( I used Land o' Lakes brand garlic butter)
1. Prepare pasta following package directions
2. Drain pasta; Place in large serving bowl. Stir in cheese and butter. Place vegetable mixture on top of pasta. Cut chicken into bite size strips and add to pasta and veggies.