Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 4 - Favorite Book

I used to enjoy reading, but I honestly can't think of the last time I picked up a book to read for "pleasure."  And although I enjoyed reading at one time, I'm not sure I can say I have a favorite book.  So therefore, I will just share with you what I am currently reading:

  • KJV Bible
  • To Train Up a Child - Michael & Debi Pearl
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart - Tedd Tripp
  • Horrible Harry Series (reading these with Brady)
  • Lots of "Baby Books" with Kinley
  • my guilty pleasure most of all is my blogs!  Not only do I read the ones on my blogroll, but I have a whole other list of blogs I "stalk"!
I do have a favorite author if and when I ever do get back into reading and that is David Baldacci.  I've read at least 6 of his books (Absolute Power, Total Control, The Winner, Simple Truth, Split Second, Camel Club & have started numerous times but yet to finish The Collector).  They are murder/mysteries usually set in the D.C. or Virginia area.  My most favorite would have to be The Winner:

Publisher's Summary

LuAnn Tyler is a twenty-year-old unwed mother in Rikersville, Georgia, a woman who can use her fists as well as her wits, a woman striving to escape an abusive relationship and a life of endless poverty. Suddenly, under the pretense of giving her a decent job, a mysterious Mr. Jackson makes her an offer he thinks no one can refuse: a guarantee to be the next winner of the $100 million national lottery.

But LuAnn won't do it. At first. Then, less than twenty-four hours later, she is fighting for her life and running from a false murder charge. Jackson's offer -- and its condition that she leave the country forever -- seems to be her only hope. She accepts his proposition and the new life the unlimited wealth buys her and her infant daughter. Ten years later, LuAnn disobeys Jackson and secretly returns to the United States, where she is still wanted for murder.

There, she meets Matthew Riggs, a man whose origins are as murky and troublesome as her own. LuAnn's life is shattered when a canny reporter smelling a scam in the national lottery picks up her trail, and Jackson, a seemingly omniscient master of impersonation, comes to punish her for disobeying him. At the same time, the FBI is set on her track when investigators suspect someone may have fixed the lottery. While the hunters close in for the kill, LuAnn finds herself turning to Matt Riggs for help, but he may be just another predator in her life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All very good choices! "The Winner" is what hooked me on starting to read David Baldacchi. Thanks for suggesting it to me. If you ever want to get caught up, I have all of his new books.

143

Kelly Spezzano said...

I must say I am intrigued...

Dani said...

hmmm... I'm sensing a trip to the library in the very near future...