Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 1 - Favorite Song(s)

It is impossible to choose just one song to be my favorite. So I have broken it down into a few categories.

Favorite Church Hymn:
"It Is Well With My Soul" is very special to me. The Sunday after our first miscarriage, while we were at home recovering we requested the congregation to sing this song. Our Pastor called us at home and we got to hear everyone sing the song. To this day, this song still brings tears to my eyes when it is sung.




Favorite Oldies:
Well, since my name is Kerry Ane my parents used to sing this song to me when I was growing up.  I always thought it was really cool to have my name in a song.



Favorite Song From High School:
This song always brings me back to my memories from highschool. One of my friends performed this at a talent show and anytime it comes on the radio I have to crank it up.



Favorite Kids Song:
This song just brings a smile to my face whenever I hear it. Who can resist the cute little face of Curious George the Monkey?



Favorite Romantic Song:
This is the song you crank really loud, turn off the lights and slow dance to. Mmmmmmm.  Oh yeah, I like U2!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing! "It Is Well" is one of my top ten favorite hymns and this version was amazing.

143

Tara said...

I love this! The song "It is well, with my soul" had a special meaning to me as well, when we went through our miscarriages. Love ya girl!