Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last year for single digits...


Nine years old! Nine years ago this day, you came into our life. You are no longer my little girl anymore. You like to talk on the phone and "shop" with friends. You like listening to music and get goo-goo over cute boys. I think we're in big trouble once the teenage years hit! You enjoy school and all your teachers love you. You are friendly with everyone, but you have one close friend at school, Laura. Daddy and I chuckle over your friendship because you two are polar opposites. You are still 100% girlie girl. There isn't enough pink princess/diva things in the world. If you could buy every baby doll and accessory ever produced you would still probably want more. You have enjoyed your new baby cousins this year. You always want to be there to feed and change them whenever possible.

I thank the Lord for you daily. I look forward to many more years of teaching and loving you. Happy Ninth Birthday, Doodlebug!

5 comments:

Kelly Spezzano said...

I told Abbey today that my most favorite thing about her is her BIG BIG HEART! She has the biggest heart full of love of any young child I have ever met. I will never forget when she wanted to call Jim to comfort him when his grandma died. And just today without any prompting, she leaned forward and suprised Sis. Mildred with a hug just because. We (me, Jim and Joshua) love her so very much and are thankful for her! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my very beautiful niece! We love you very much!

Mimmy, Uncle Phil, Brooke and Lindsey Lou Who

Lil. Bit said...

Happy Birthday Abbey! Tell her that her Aunt Bethany loves you! :)

Rachel said...

She is one tough cookie, and growing up so much!

Owl of the Desert said...

Happy Birthday, Abbey! Here's to many more.