Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm too young to be old!

Okay, I've been getting some flack for not having posted in a while. What can I say, school is as tough on the Mom as it is on the kids. Now that I have two kids in school...that's twice as much homework, plus you got to throw in that this is our first year for FCAT testing which increases Abbey's homework load an additional 30-40%. And frankly, posting would take away from my Parking Wars and virtual cat on Facebook! Why oh Why did I get addicted to that thing! Oh yeah and did I mention how my body just all of the sudden is falling apart! Who'da thunk that at the young ole age of ... well lets just say very early 30's, that one's body could cause so much pain! Somehow I have managed to sleep on my neck wrong twice in the last month. Once on one side where I couldn't turn to my left and now on the other side where I can't turn to the right. Makes for some scary driving! I mean, come on, you would think after 30 something years I would know how to sleep correctly!

Now for a few random stories. On Saturday we attended the funeral of my Great Aunt Hannah Mae. The viewing was at the funeral home in Tampa at 9am and the services started at 10am. Well, for those of you who don't know us all that well, we are a bit punctually challenged! Matthew more so than Me. So me being the smarty pants that I am, told Matthew the funeral started at 9am and that way if we were a few minutes late (to the viewing) it would be no big deal. Well, my plan backfired and he found out about 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave that it was in fact just the viewing and not the funeral itself that started at 9. So therefore, he naturally kicks it into tortoise mode and we end up not leaving for Tampa until 8:30. So long story a little less long, we made a few wrong turns and had to make several U-turns in order to find our way to the funeral home. When we finally arrive, we pulled into an empty parking lot. So naturally I thought "oh man, I must have gotten the time wrong." So as we're driving around the big empty parking lot, finally one of the funeral directors points us in the right direction of the parking line for the procession and low and behold not only are we the first in line, but we beat all of my family that morning. My parents operate on Miller-tary Time (for those of you who don't know, Miller is my maiden name). My Mom has every clock/watch in their home set for about 15 minutes fast. Their motto is "To be early is to be on time; to be on time is to be late; and to be late is to be left behind." So as you can see by the documented photo, Matthew went around the rest of the day making sure everyone knew that he was not only on-time to the services, but that he beat my parents. Now, I know what you must be thinking..."who carries a camera with them to a funeral?" Well, in my defense, it was still in my purse after the Kindergarten Teddy Bear Picnic the day before.

Brady and his best friend Angel eating their picnic lunch! (notice their bear ears)

The kid in the green shirt is the boy in Brady's class that was suspended

from KG less than 4 weeks into the school year!


Kelly Spezzano said...

It was such a shock to see the Johnson Family vehicle sitting in that PRIME parking spot at the funeral home... It's as if the universe played some odd, early April Fool's joke on us all! LOL
I wish Lincoln would host an Aunt/Uncle day at the school where me and mimmy could join in the fun of reindeer games and teddy bear picnics!

We'll have to plan a lunch day with each of the kids later on in the school year... I remember how much Abbey enjoyed it (beaming ear to ear) :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you take cameras to funerals! ;)Berle