Tuesday, December 29, 2009

20/20 Vision

I just had my 20 week checkup. This of course is a really big milestone. 20 weeks in 20 weeks to go! The big halfway point. And of course, the BIG ULTRASOUND! We had an amazing tech who did the ultrasound for us. She was so friendly and reassuring. So many times you get these techs that almost don't even look at you and tell you up front that they "will not be talking or answering any questions not to disturb them during their measurements!" But this young lady was truly amazing. We brought the kids with us so that they could see the baby moving all around. Brady's favorite part was "seeing the baby's bones!" I mean come on, does that really surprise anyone, especially with how excited he was to see dinosaur bones up in NYC? Abbey of course loved all of it. The Lord answered our prayers and all the measurements and anatomy came back healthy and strong. Baby J's heartbeat was at 152 today. We were able to get all of the scan on VHS to show all the movement and we also got some still shots as well. Baby J is weighing in at a whopping 12 oz. (basically a can of soda) which is right where he/she should be. Thank you for all your continued prayers. We are so excited to now officially be in the downswing of the pregnancy. May will be here before we know it and we can't wait to snuggle up to this baby! I have included probably the one and only intentional shot of the bump that you will see on here. I will also try to add a survey to the side of the page for anyone up for the challenge of guessing the gender. As of today's appointment, I am up 5 pounds. Let's hope I can keep that trend going. I gained exactly 22 pounds with both Abbey and Brady so I'd like to shoot for that again give or take a pound or two!



This was a really good shot of the umbilical cord on the far right of the baby's abdomen




Have you ever seen such a perfect little foot?





Baby J appears to be a thumb sucker. The tech said she has rarely seen a baby actually get it's thumb in its mouth during an ultrasound, but Baby J had a good hold of it's thumb and was sucking away!



These shots are always a litttle freaky looking, but this is the face straight on. You can make out the eye sockets in this one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Brady got to see baby bones! I guess he wasn't as bored as he thought he would be!

143

Rachel said...

I'm so glad to hear the good news, and will continue praying for you!

Tara said...

You look Great Girl, hope you are feeling well too. So glad, that everything is going well with you and the baby!

Kelly Spezzano said...

I just want to hold Baby J so bad I can't hardly stand it!!!! I LOVE the thumb sucking photo! And of course Brady's fondness of Baby Bones! :)

My prediction is Baby Girl!

Dani said...

I am so guessing whatever Prophet Randy guesses. He is scary accurate, haha. :)

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

Prophet Miller says it's a girl after he watched the ultrasound video! But he hasn't officially voted on the survey!